They say the wedding invitation sets the tone for the event. No pressure, or anything. I knew from the start that I wanted something different from the traditional monochromatic letter-press invites. Luckily, my husband was amenable to my ideas. We started by looking online at options on Wedding Paper Divas and then ordered samples from them (very inexpensive, $1 each, I think). It was great to see the colors in person and feel the texture and weight of the paper. We debated between a couple designs and settled on the one above. It's by the same graphic designer as our save-the-date (hence the similar watercolor style). Even though it was an end-of-September wedding, I was adamant about not having a fall theme of oranges and browns (Go Browns!?); I wanted it to have a late summer feel, and I thought we achieved that with the colors in this design.
With the invitation, we included a smaller card about the reception. At the last minute, at my dad's urging, we added in specific directions to the church and reception venue from the hotel most guests were staying at. We just printed these directions (and small screenshots showing the route on googlemaps.com) on standard white printer paper. They didn't turn out as nice as the professional invitations obviously, but my feeling was, everyone's going to throw all this away anyways!
I coerced my husband into allowing guests take a creative approach with the response cards. I'll share some of the most creative responses in an upcoming post. We have my amazing mom to thank for addressing and stamping not only the response card envelopes, but the invitations' envelopes as well!



No comments:
Post a Comment