07 September 2013
niagara falls mist
We went to Niagara Falls while we were in New York. Before we planned the trip, my mom joked that it would be the first summer without an international trip for me and my husband since we met. An afternoon in Canada required passports, so I don't think we broke our streak ... and now the pressure's really on for next summer.
I mistakenly thought my dad's parents went to Niagara Falls on their honeymoon. They went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. But they took my dad and his siblings to Niagara Falls a few times as kids. My dad told us a good story about buying fireworks in Canada with his brothers and then seeing the fireworks sales clerk at the border; apparently he worked for customs too. Somehow, they made it home to Cleveland with the fireworks. It's hard to believe that my dad, Mr. Safety, was once sneaking illegal fireworks over the border! I suspect that my uncles had everything to do with it. (That's the defense we youngest children always take.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment