03 February 2013

jenny & taylor [chicago engagement photography]


I met my friend Jenny in the summer of 2004, on the first day of our summer program in Dijon.  I was about to start the grad program in French and she was one year in already.  We both had gone to Miami for undergrad, but had never had classes together.  That summer, our small group of first and second year grad students bonded over raclette dinners, pichets de vin (carafes of wine, specifically the ones that were downed at a boy scout camp-esque place where we had to spend a night while on a school-organized field trip), weekends in Paris, Avignon, & Annecy, and the occasional late night at the bar closest to our dorm, the Titty Twister.  That summer, we heard all about Jenny's newish boyfriend back home, Taylor.  Fast forward through graduations, moves to Chicago, new jobs, and now, Jenny & Taylor are getting married!  I took engagement photos for them at North Avenue Beach, Lincoln Park Zoo, and some random industrial spots by Goose Island and in the West Loop.  We are all thrilled for their special day -- congrats again, J & T!   














No comments: