03 January 2012

my second passport

I'm about to say goodbye to my second passport.  It's expiring in June, and it also has my maiden name.  So my third passport will have my married name, and it will take me into my thirties.  It's hard to say how much international travel I'll be doing in the next part of my life.  My husband has relatives in Europe, and we're hoping to visit them soon, so it makes sense to have a valid passport.  This past one though, it took me on so many adventures.  It was issued in June of 2002.  About six months before I embarked on my semester abroad in Luxembourg.

The stamps are all out of order.  A couple are unidentifiable.  But I can chronicle the voyages here:

(sometime in January 2003) - arriving in Frankfurt for my semester abroad in Luxembourg
6 APR 2003 - Channel Tunnel - field study tour with my English class
11.04.03 - Milan - spring break in Italy
03.05.03 - Frankfurt - departing from my semester abroad
MAY 03 2003 - CHI - arriving back in the U.S.
04.06.04 - Roissy CDG - arriving in France for my grad school summer program in Dijon
25.05.05 - Roissy CDG  - arriving in France for my second grad school summer program in Dijon
23.06.10 Roissy CDG - arriving in France for my professional development program in Tours
16.07.10 - Roissy CDG - departing France
JUL 16 2010 - New York - arriving back in the U.S.
31.07.11 - Frankfurt - arriving in Germany for my husband's conference
08.08.11 - Paris Nord - arriving in France
-8 AUG 2011 Paris (Chunnel) - departing France for England
Aug X1 2011 - Chicago -arriving back in the U.S.

I've been fortunate to travel as much as I have.  And in some upcoming posts, I'm going to pull some stories from the archives, from the journals I kept while I was abroad.

No comments: