25 January 2012

funny things my husband says

Can you guess what this is?!
It's my husband's birthday.  Before I met him, I used to hate January -- the letdown after the holidays, the weather, the lack of daylight.  But now that I have two family birthdays to plan for this month (his & his mom's), January isn't so bad anymore.

In honor of his birthday, I'd like to announce one of the major reasons I married him: the entertainment value.  He says really funny things.  Things that may not be funny to other people (you, whoever you are, who is reading this right now), but these things just crack me up.  So much that I have to write them down and then when I re-read them, I laugh all over again and it's as funny as when it first happened.

I have quite a collection going now, but today I'll just share a few:

Me, sitting in passenger seat of car, wearing my poufy winter coat.  Him, driving.
Him: "You look like the Michelin man!"
Me: "Ha. Ha. Very funny."
Him: (in French accent) "Madame Michelohnnnnn! Hohn hohn hohn!"
(Later, while writing this anecdote)
Him: "Why are you writing that?"
Me: "Because it's funny."
Him: "Yea, funny about you, kind of embarrassing for you!"

----------------------

Me, opening up a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law (a black sweater made from a curly-ish textured yarn), then trying it on.
Him: "You look like a labradoodle!" 
(I tried it on again later, at home, and when he saw me in it, he woofed.)  (And my mother-in-law wants to know why I haven't worn it yet.)

---------------------

(Driving in car.  Husband cranks up defrost unnecessarily)
Me: "Honey, can you turn that down?  I don't like it blowing on my face.  It's too hot and it dries my skin out."
Him: "I know, you're a delicate flower, I know."

--------------------

Me: (holding platter I made in pottery class before I met him) "We have a lot of platters that we need to find a place for."
Him: (pointing at platter) "Did you make that?"
Me: "Yes!  Is it obvious or something?"
Him: (chuckling) "Don't drop it!  Watch your step, I really don't want you to drop that one!"


Happy Birthday, honey!  I hope the Intelligentsia beans make up for all the instant coffee I've been feeding you.

No comments: