01 April 2013

birthday brother


Other highlights of our Louisville weekend included:
  • brunch at Waffle House, where I learned how to properly order hashbrowns (smoldered/capped/covered) with a waitress who thought my brother and his girlfriend were siblings and that my husband and I were siblings.
  • my first ever trip to a Garden Ridge.  What was that, like, acres of seat cushions?  I feel like we really barely scratched the surface at that place.  Somehow I did manage to find a French-themed milk bottle I had to have.  And we randomly ran into my brother's boss and his wife while there.
  • an afternoon at the dog park, where my antisocial dog niece laid under a tree and ignored the other dogs.  Yes, she's kind of elitist because she won't participate in butt-sniffing.
  • dinner at Lilly's, my brother's favorite restaurant, which specializes in locally sourced ingredients.  
  • Palm Sunday church and brunch since we wouldn't be together as a family for Easter.
  • the snowstorm that was coming in as we were leaving town.  

And of course my brother chided us for not visiting more often.  Louisville's only a five-hour drive from Chicago, and an easy one at that.  We'll try to be back soon, promise.

No comments: