27 December 2012

music/books/movies - 2012


A quick list of some music, books, and movies I've enjoyed this year.  Most were not published or released in 2012, but this is the year they got my attention.  Also of note: these are not the only things I listened to/read/watched this year; these are the only ones I recommend.

Music:
  • Atlas Genius ("Trojans" and "Back Seat")
  • Washed Out (Within and Without)
  • Real Estate (Days)
  • Local Natives (Gorilla Manor)
  • Tycho (Dive)
  • Pinback (Information Retrieved)
Books:
  • Bringing Up Bébé, by Pamela Druckerman
  • Bonjour Tristesse, by Françoise Sagan
  • The Hottest Dishes of the Tartar Cuisine, by Alina Bronsky
  • Chez les Flamands, by Georges Simenon
  • The Understudy, by David Nicholls
  • Lessons from Madame Chic, by Jennifer L. Scott
Movies:
  • Persepolis (French)
  • Skyfall
  • The Hedgehog (French)
  • Hors de prix (French)
  • The Lorax

No comments: