In my mind, there's only one thing to make with canned pumpkin: my Aunt Barb's pumpkin bread. While I usually restrict pumpkin bread-making to the months of October and November, the weather this past week made me think it was fall instead of spring. I had a lone can of pumpkin in the cupboard, which I thought I should use up before my husband got his hands on it. He originally bought said can to use in one of his pressure-cooker/crockpot creations. Believe me, vegan pumpkin muffins were a much better use of the stuff.
Vegan Pumpkin Muffins (adapted from my Aunt Barb's Pumpkin Bread)
3-1/2 cups of wheat flour
2 t. baking soda
1-1/2 t. kosher salt
1 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
2 t. nutmeg
1 t. allspice
1/2 t. ground cloves
3 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. water
1 c. canola oil
5 T. flax meal dissolved in 1 c. water (egg replacement)
16 oz. can of pumpkin
Pre-heat oven to 350. Grease muffin tins. Mix flax meal with water in a small bowl. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in water, oil, and flax mixture. Add in pumpkin and mix well until all ingredients are incorporated. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of a muffin to check for doneness.
| This recipe made 24 regular size muffins and 12 mini muffins. |
| Enjoy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment