 |
| Lyon, France, 2005 |
I visited Lyon for a weekend during the summer of 2005. I was in France for a summer session through my graduate program. We were studying in Dijon, in the region of Burgundy, but took many weekend trips to other cities. I read somewhere that Lyon is like a smaller version of Paris. It's the culinary capital of France, but I found the food to be about the same as everywhere else I visited. Also, being grad students at the time, we didn't exactly eat in the fanciest restaurants. Lyon's intriguing
traboules are reason enough to visit. These are passageways and courtyards between buildings which provided easier access to the SaƓne River in the old days.
Here's a great article about Lyon's traboules.
 |
| Classic French charm. |
 |
| One of my most favorite photos I've ever taken. |
 |
| A chair made of wine corks outside a wine shop, with a sign instructing passers-by not to sit on it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment